Claudia Pingue, former Politecnico di Milano tech transfer manager, has taken on a leadership role at CDP's $177m spinout investment fund.

Claudia Pingue, former lead for Polihub, Politecnico di Milano’s tech transfer and incubation team, has been selected to head the tech transfer fund of CDP Venture Capital, the VC arm of Italian development bank Cassa Depositi e Prestiti, StartupItalia has reported.

PoliHub hired Pingue as its chief operations officer in 2013 before promoting her to general manager three years later.

She had initially joined the university’s innovation department – Fondazione Politecnico di Milano – as a researcher and business analyst in 2004.

CDP Venture Capital’s tech transfer fund has raised an initial  €150m ($177m) and will aim to co-invest in promising Italy-based spinouts through several vertical units – divisions dedicated to a specific industry or application.

The fund operates under CDP’s innovation venturing arm: CDP Venture Capital – National Innovation Fund.

CDP owns a 70% stake in CDP Venture Capital, while national business development agency Invitalia holds the remaining 30%.

Image courtesy of Polihub